Citrix VPN and Linux client?

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Thu Dec 22 16:06:54 MST 2005

If you are interested in alternatives to Citrix:

Where I work we use Cisco's VPN, and I was provided
with a Cisco client for Linux -- I gather it is
Red Hat oriented and there was some question about
other distros.  I'm running happily with that under
CentOS, including rdesktop to my XP Pro at work.

I could put you in touch with someone in our networks
group if you'd like to hear more about this.

The Cisco product (whether on Windows or Linux) has to
be installed on the client before you attempt a connect.
So Citrix sounds like it may be more convenient for
the user.

Once the Cisco client is up and running, it can provide
full membership in the remote site's TCP/IP network, at
least.  On Windows it can include file sharing (I used
that once and it worked smoothly), but I haven't noticed
(or looked for) the ability to do that under Linux.

Vic