Using Konqueror for FTP (was Re: GNOME vs. KDE)

nuclear-cowboy at cox.net nuclear-cowboy at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 23:02:20 MST 2005

No idea on where to check for it in your browser, sorry.

As for active or passive, it depends on your firewall setup, and which firewall is causing the issue (your local one of the distant one in front of server).  But typically if you aren't default denying outbound traffic from your client, then passive will tend to work better. Passive means that both command and data channel will be initiated by your client.