kde volume applet

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Thu Dec 15 12:26:18 MST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 09:22, Josh Coffman wrote:
> I know there is a volume applet for KDE; I've used it
> on Mepis. I can't find it though on fc4. Can someone
> tell me where it is?
>

> Shin zen ni rei
> -j
> Registered Linux user number 403109
>   http://counter.li.org/

Doesn't Fedora use a mostly GNOME desktop?

Anyway if you have a standard KDE Kicker (taskbar) you'll find a loud speaker
on it.  Just click it and your mouse will be right over the word Mixer then
just click again.  See what I meant by fast? :-)

No Lautsprecher? Then bring up the run dialog box from the Kmenu (or press
ALT-F2) and type kmix.

GNOME will have a similar program or you can try aumix, rexima or alsamix from
the commandline one of those should surely work.

Dennisk