GNOME vs. KDE [WAS: Re: gnome-look.org & kde-look.org]

Jason Hayes hh at hayz.ws
Wed Dec 14 11:48:44 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 11:22 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:

> Is it possible to use Konqueror to upload new files to my website via
> FTP? My host doesn't use WebDAV.
>
> Siri Amrit

If I am reading your question properly, all you have to do is type in
the ftp address of the site you want to access.

For example, I access one of my web sites (using Konqueror for ftp) by
typing in "ftp.jasonhayes.org". Then I fill in my username and password
in the popup window that comes up and I am into an ftp session. You can
then drag and drop files as you would in a local konqueror window.

HTH.

Jason Hayes