Living in Plaintext

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 11:13:13 MST 2005

I am trying to simplify -- get rid of all these specialty Windows
applications (I use at work), each of which has its own file formats,
learning curve, upgrade requirements, etc. etc. and just store
everything I can in plain old text files.  So far, it feels good.
There is a lot of advice about the pluses and minuses of this approach
on the web.  (I'm ignoring the minuses.)

So:  I've got an old Handspring Visor that I love.  Black and white.
No graphics, just plain old text.

I need something that will sync my folders of text files on my Linux
or XP box, with my Palm OS.  Some kind of Palm OS docreader, I
suppose.  If anyone has a recommendation for me, based on your own
experience, please advise.  Searhing around, I have come across a
baffling array of $10 Palm programs, with no idea of how to evaluate
them  So any advice is appreciated.

Craig