How to smooth-out irregular mouse action

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Dec 6 17:24:55 MST 2005

Josef Lowder said:

> The mouse action on one of my computers is very irregular ("jerky")
> and I don't know how to smooth it out.  I found some adjustments in
> the "K" control center (see:  http://www.fixaim.com/mouseconfig.jpg )
> but don't understand what is meant by "Drag Start Time" and "Drag
> Start Distance" ... should I increase or decrease the time/distance?
> Or is there some other way to adjust the mouse responsiveness?

Those drag settings control when a click-and-drag operation starts, not
jumpy mouse movement.

I'd double check IRQ conflicts.  Sometimes a PS/2 mouse ends up on the
same IRQ as the network card or sound card.  Check in the BIOS settings
when you are booting.

It's been too long since I had to handle such a problem that I'm not sure
were to go after that but I have a memory cell screaming "IRQ conflict!"
ever since I read your problem description.

Alan