How to resize 60-gig ntfs partition to install dual-boot Linux?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Tue Dec 6 15:55:51 MST 2005

Tried defrag (several times), chkdsk, and some other things,
none of which worked ... but Micah's suggerstion to use Knoppix
and the 'qtparted' utility did overcome this obstacle so I was able
to install Mandriva 2006.

However, I can only boot up to text only, no gui.
When I try startx, I get a "Fatal server error" with
"no screens found."

I'll submit a new topic to provide details on this.

Thanks for the 'qtparted' suggestion.

Joe