East Side Party Plan

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Dec 6 15:04:05 MST 2005

December 1st I sent out this email, included in full for review:

Alan Dayley said:
> A week from today will be the East Side Meeting.  Holding with tradition,
> the meeting will not have a planned presentation but will be an end of the
> year party.  We will have a bit of discussion about news and upcoming
> events, as usual but then we will want to have fun and eats.
>
> In the past the party been very loose in it's planning.  We just ask that
> people bring food and treats to share.  It has been commented that this
> results in a somewhat dull event with "a bunch of geeks standing around."
> Some party.
>
> So, this year we need a bit of coordination, a bit of planning even,
> maybe.  Some possible things to coordinate:
>
> - Theme?
> - Decorations?  You know, old CDs and ribbon cable strung about.
> - Who is bringing food?
> - What food?  Gotta have stuff for those that don't want just sugar in
> various forms.
> - Drinks.  Everyone bring their own or some other plan?
> - Activities?
> -- Games?
> -- LAN party?
> -- Trivia?
> -- Thumb wrestling?
> -- ???
> - Name tags?
> - What else?
>
> Do we just want to coordinate in this thread?  Or, is someone willing to
> step up as the coordinator?  That person can then do it how they want,
> within the bounds set by Brian, our meeting host.

There has been no response except one, off list.  (That one response was
an excellent suggestion for a different activity that could be held
sometime.)    I have held off putting an announcement of the party on the
website, waiting for some details or suggestions but I appears I should
not wait any longer.

I will be bringing a lovely tray of dried fruits.  Going for a somewhat
"healthy" angle.

Hans will bring cheescake, continuing the tasty tradition.

What will you bring, if you can?

What will you do at the party?

Anyone want to prepare some games or other activities?

I suppose loose planning is good enough for us geeks.

Alan