Ubuntu dual boot tutorial

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:42:30 MST 2005

It's good, but their tutorial involves wiping your HD in order to
accomplish a dual boot.

I like using a Knoppix boot CD to access qtparted which will allow you
to resize NTFS partitions on the fly and either leave blank space or
create your partitions for your Linux or other OSes.

As I mentioned, I did this the other day on a Stock Dell that came
with a 150GB HD factory imaged with XP.  I booted Knoppix, ran
qtparted from a root shell, right clicked on the main partition and
chose resize. I sized it to 50GB or so and created another 50GB for
Fedora Core and left 50 unallocated for Solaris.  It worked like a
charm and I didn't have to reinstall Windoze.

Micah