everquest like game for linux

Kevin Brown kevin_brown at qwest.net
Mon Dec 5 23:11:45 MST 2005

>> I recently played and everquest like game on ps2 at a friends
>> house. So now I'm wondering if there are any games like that for
>> linux. I do have Wine running if I need it. Any recomendations?
>>
>> I don't game a lot, hardly at all, but it's nice to play with
>> friends once in a while.

> I've heard of people playing eq with linux, but not sure if it was
> under wine, or one of the virtual machines or exactly how it
> worked...

works under Cedega, but unless you are willing to devote 8 hours a day
to the game (even if you buy a high level character from ebay) don't
expect to really make much if any progress.  I was in the game for 5
years, 4.5 of which were because someone else wanted to keep my account
active for his own purposes.

The requirements to grind to make any progress, the need for a good
guild capable of doing raids to take on upper end content and now the
unwillingness of said guilds to help those who aren't fully up to where
they are yet makes for a very dull game or an expensive IM program.