stats for the year 2005 (so far)

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Sun Dec 4 14:52:52 MST 2005

well, I've been organizing my e-mail down to month/year and I've noticed
something on the plug list (since I've started keeping all mails from there
for the last couple of years).

2004
year total messages: 964
avg/month: 80.333......
month low: 16 (october)
month high: 196 (august)
trend: level

2004 (incomplete)
year total messages (ytd): 4146 (not including this one)
avg:/month: 370.7272...... (not including the 68 for december)
month low: 38 (january)
month high:737 (november)
december projected: 703
trend: increasing

the last 3 months have been the busiest on record for this list with the start
of this increase starting with a spike in message volume in June of this year
(583 messages).

these figures were hand calculated based on my own database (kmail e-mail
client holdings) and may not necessarily reflect the true nature of the list
as a whole.

personally, I'd say we had a lot to discuss [some of which was OT, but then:
what the hell?! :) ]

anyone have anything to add to this?