PostgreSQL backups

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Dec 1 22:56:48 MST 2005

Am 01. Dec, 2005 schwätzte Lyndon Tiu so:

> It's called Oracle.

Bwahahaha!

Thanks, I needed the laugh :).

Maybe it's our setup, but every time I ask for incremental backups for our
oracle setup it is not possible for a variety of reasons...

ciao,

der.hans

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:35:29 -0700 plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:
>> I'll try asking here...
>>
>> We have a lot of data in our database. We obviously need to back it up.
>> Doing a complete dump every day is not going to work for us.
>>
>> We'd like to do a complete dump today (for example), then only dump the new
>> data tomorrow, etc...
>>
>> What I'd like to know is:
>> Is there some "feature" in postgresql that will allow us to do this?
>> Is there an open source utility that will do this?
>>
>> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bart

> Lyndon Tiu

#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! http://www.LOPSA.org/
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
# how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB