asterisk and landline

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 31 21:39:06 MST 2005

moin, moin,

OK, I got one o' them fancy-schmancy cards and hooked up the landline.

I can dial out, but I don't think it's actually using asterisk. For
instance, I believe *<number> should ring an extension, but it doesn't fom
the land line.

When I dial in the land line rings twice and then the call rolls over to
the extension specified under incoming calls.

The original soft phone extension still doesn't work, but I configured a
second one that does. Lots of delay and distortion with that. I don't have
a headset to use with it anyway...

I configured a Zap extension using AMP, but it goes to vox mail after the
initial rings on the land line.

I have a Zap trunk configured. That has to be working or I couldn't get
incoming calls, right? Same for outgoing calls?

I can make outgoing calls via land line and soft phone. I've
set both extensions to record all calls ( WAV files end up in
/var/spool/asterisk/monitor ), but only the calls to/from the soft phone
get recorded.

Zap trunk is ZAP/1. Do I need Outgoing Dial Rules? The Zap Identifier (
trunk name ) is 1.

Extension 202 is ZAP.

busycount == 7, callerid == zuHause <202>, callprogress == no, channel ==
1, context == from-internal, echocancel == yes,
echocancelwhenbridge == no, echotraining == 800, signalling == fxo_ks

No secret parameter.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Strangers are friends just waiting to happen!