tabling in OOo

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 30 05:46:24 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 00:54 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 29. Aug, 2005 schwätzte Craig White so:

> > ---
> > > oowriter keeps wanting to paste the oocalc fields as a single object :(.
> > ---
> > Edit Menu -> Paste Special -> formatted or unformatted text
>
> It still either just pastes it as plain text. Aha! If I select the test
> and choose Insert->Table I get a table. Easy as glassblowing with
> chopsticks :).
----
They do use chopsticks for glass blowing Daniel san. That's how they
form 'necks'

Sorry - I neglected to add the Text -> Table step - good to see that
non-intuitive vi interface hasn't totally ruined your sense of
exploration.
----
> > further evidence that long term usage of vi is hazardous to one's health
> > and productivity. Emacs can save you  ;-)
>
> Is there an OOo mode for Emacs yet? :)
----
dunno - but that would be another reason to use Emacs.

I was forced to use vi to edit 4 equal splits of an mbox file that
exceeded 2 Gb I did find a simple way to get to the end of the file to
edit the bottom...hold the page down button and switch the kvm to
another computer...let go of page down key and switch back, wait an hour
and vi would reach the bottom of the file as long as I didn't touch the
keyboard again. Felt like catching flies with chopsticks. I never did
find a vi shortcut for 'go to end of buffer' - How could a text editing
program as mature as vi not have facility to 'go to end of buffer' ?

Miyagi