Fedora beating me down... any distro suggestions?

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 09:11:43 MST 2005

 Let me say first, I like Fedora if only for the fact
I've learned a lot getting it working on my laptop.

 I'd like a distro that will run well on my hp z5440
laptop, and is easy to update, and makes a good
desktop for non-techies. This weekend I went to
moviefone.com to check previews for some movies and it
wouldn't play any even though I have the mplayer
plugin installed in firefox. I don't mind solving
problems; actually I kinda like it. I just want to do
it all the time.

 I'm thinking of Mepis or Ubuntu or OpenSuSe.
Whichever I choose for the laptop may end up going on
the desktop also. Any opinions?

-j