soft sip phone

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Aug 27 03:02:18 MST 2005

Am 27. Aug, 2005 schwätzte JD Austin so:

> Be mindful of nat.  If you're using nat and don't set the extension for
> NAT=yes, Qualify=yes, and reinvite=no the phone won't connnect.
> reinvite is a setting that lets (or not) devices that are talking to

Forgot about those. Set them up, still a no go. Should NAT affect the soft
phone talking to asterisk if they're both on the same subnet with no NAT
between them?

The NAT here is provided by a linksys switch.

Both boxen are connected directly to the switch. Well, not quite as the
soft phone is wireless...

> each other through asterisk to connect directly.  If either is behind a
> firewall or nat'ing then the connection dies.
> http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-4515.html
>
> Read here:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+phone+xten+xlite

Hmmm, added a username and turned off silence suppression and now I get a
new error.

Now it's "Call failed: 404 Not Found". It was "not authorized" or
something.

> Hang in there ;)  It took me two days of beating on it before it made
> any sense!

Working on it :).

Thanks for the presentation and the help.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I have faith in debian-legal." -- Ted Gould