modprobe persist?

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Thu Aug 25 12:02:47 MST 2005

I have a RH9 box that's a server for a small office. They needed ftp to
publish their web pages, and ftp wasn't working through the
iptables/natted firewall. I googled and found out that it needs
ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp modules. I modprobe'd them, and it works
fine.

My question is simple: do those modules persist in the kernel after a
reboot? I read the man pages for modprobe and modules.conf, and it's not
very clear to me (how that all works). I'm guessing that they do. I know
I could test it by rebooting, but it's a production machine and I hate
taking it down (it's got a better uptime record than SRP). By asking the
question, I figure I can learn a bit more from the great gurus here. Any
info/references are appreciated. TIA

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;