Install/Fest

Robert Rosenwald robert at perfectniche.com
Tue Aug 23 17:26:44 MST 2005

Hi all.

I'm thinking of coming to the InstallFest this Saturday. I'm relatively
new to Linux having installed it and uninstalled it about a dozen times
on various systems. Recently I got SUSE 8.1 installed on my Sony Vaio
505TR and all is fine except that I can't get connected to any network.
All my connectors are either USB 1.1 or PCMCIA. I really want to get my
wireless card working. IIRC I have a D-link DWL-G650 card that is my
preferred one. I also have either a linksys or netgear (don't recall
right now). I'm a moderately competent computerist but this has taxed me
beyond my abilities. Hope someone can help. I don't mind at all blowing
away what I already have installed. There's NOTHING of value on this
computer (in fact I already totally had reformatted the harddrive for
Linux before beginning.)

Would I be too late if I came around 1:30 - 2:00?

Hope someone can help. Look forward to meeting anyone who's there.

Robert Rosenwald

Publisher & President
        Poisoned Pen Press--Publishing Excellence in Mystery
        6962 E. 1st Ave. #103, Scottsdale, AZ  85251
        robert at poisonedpenpress.com <mailto:robert at poisonedpenpress.com>
www.poisonedpenpress.com <http://www.poisonedpenpress.com>
        800-421-3976
        480-945-3375