ssh keys

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Aug 18 15:55:27 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:38 -0700, Colin Rasor wrote:
> Craig,
>
>  Is RSAAuthentication set to accept pubkey authentication attempts. Do you
> have root logins shut off. Check $CONFDIR/sshd_config
----
I thought it is - this is CentOS 4.1

I was under the impression that these are the defaults and thus are
commented...
#RSAAuthentication yes
#PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile     .ssh/authorized_keys

This tracks on my other system WBEL/RHEL 3.5 which this does work

hmmm...

/var/log/secure shows an ipv6 connection...could this be the problem?

Aug 18 15:51:13 srv1 sshd[1630]: Accepted password for root
from ::ffff:192.168.2.2 port 51728 ssh2

where as my other system that does work shows the ipv4 connection
address

Craig