What's a good Cable provider?

ec eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 10:33:00 MST 2005

The fact that either you choose/go thru ultimately,
some provider that is 'in bed with' either MSN or
AOHELL, is sad!! I choose dsl and fought to get rid of
the msn, still not sure it isn't there, 'spying', but
not paying the money for it...about $5/less/mo than
with it.

Btw, Aohell still owes me 8 months from 1994 of
service I didn't use and couldn't get rid of. Had to
close all bank accts and go strictly cash for a year
till those 'sweeties' gave up!! I had a mac color
classic and basically they d/l'd so much of their
'special features' that I couldn't write to the hd
anymore and it crashed!! 80mb hd on it and God only
knows how much more 'features' that they tried to
force on it. Called them to cancel and they wanted me
to login and cancel...I couldn't and they wouldn't!!
They kept debiting my bank!!

Bank wouldn't credit back and finally aohell would
answer and then hang up!! Guess they had my number.

I WILL quit the web IF they become the only
provider/isp!!

--- Kurt Granroth <plug-discuss at granroth.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 08:56 am, Eric "Shubes"
> wrote:
> > shieldx wrote:
> > > I am looking to move up from 56k pretty soon
> here,
> > > and was wondering which companies provide decent
> cable internet service
> > > here in the valley.
> > > Can you help me?
> >
> > AFAIK, Cox is the only cable provider in the
> valley.
> > http://www.cox.com/Phoenix/
>
> Well, that's true for the most part valley-wide, but
> there *are* parts of the
> valley that are served by other providers.  I
> believe there is CableAmerica
> and maybe Mediacom out in far East Valley (Pinal
> County and AJ).  Maybe those
> are the same.  In any event, if you're in AJ, then
> one of those two can give
> you both cable and high speed net access.
>
> But for the most part, it's a moot point to compare
> cable internet services
> since you will be limited to whatever is offered in
> your area and AFAIK,
> you're never offered a choice between providers.

Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.

Nothing more is expected.