exim configuration, mail for multiple domains

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Wed Aug 17 10:16:51 MST 2005

I have Exim4 running on Debian Sarge.  I currently can only deliver mail
to system accounts, and I'd like to figure out how to set up other email
addresses which don't necessarily map to a system account.

For instance, right now the server is called 'example.com'.  Any mail
sent to 'alex at example.com' is delivered to the local user 'alex'.  I
have other websites on the server (Apache virtual hosts), like
'other.com', but I don't know how to set up email accounts for
'alex at other.com' or 'somebodyelse at other.com'.

I can't find any mention of how to do this online or in the Exim book I
have.  Maybe I just don't know what the correct term to search for is?

thanks,
alex