What's a good Cable provider?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Wed Aug 17 02:49:37 MST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 08:56 am, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> shieldx wrote:
> > I am looking to move up from 56k pretty soon here,
> > and was wondering which companies provide decent cable internet service
> > here in the valley.
> > Can you help me?
>
> AFAIK, Cox is the only cable provider in the valley.
> http://www.cox.com/Phoenix/

Well, that's true for the most part valley-wide, but there *are* parts of the
valley that are served by other providers.  I believe there is CableAmerica
and maybe Mediacom out in far East Valley (Pinal County and AJ).  Maybe those
are the same.  In any event, if you're in AJ, then one of those two can give
you both cable and high speed net access.

But for the most part, it's a moot point to compare cable internet services
since you will be limited to whatever is offered in your area and AFAIK,
you're never offered a choice between providers.