HUGE .xsession-error file

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Mon Aug 15 08:09:14 MST 2005

Since I got my clock straightened out, I thought I'd try my luck with
a more annoying problem:

The hidden file, .xsession-errors in /home gets absolutely HUGE. I
don't know why I'm getting so many errors, but they never seem to
affect anything. After a few months it filled up over 9GB of
my /home. I can delete it and it starts filling up again immediately,
with all kinds of garbage. Within a few days it's 60MB big.

I hesitate to paste the errors here for diagnostics because it's so
much. Is there a way to stop whatever is doing the output to that
file, or have it automatically delete the contents every day?

Here's a "tiny" bit of the file:

Thanks,
Siri Amrit

konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown
action : searchProvider
konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown
action : searchProvider
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QStringList' error
DCOPReply<>: cast to 'QString' error
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received OpenLock
Opener: received OpenDevice
Opener: received ExecPPPDaemon
In parent: pppd pid 4208
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports ppp alright.
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Opener: received OpenResolv
Opener: received OpenResolv
Opener: received OpenResolv
Opener: received RemoveSecret
Opener: received RemoveSecret
kwin: X_SetInputFocus(0x1c00088): BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes)
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
kspell (kdelibs): ERROR: charsets iso-8859-4 .. iso-8859-15 not
supported yet
[...]
appending message to ~/dead.letter.tmp
konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown
action : searchProvider
konqueror: ERROR: Error in BrowserExtension::actionSlotMap(), unknown
action : searchProvider
KonqSidebar::property( "modified" ) failed: property invalid or does
not exist
KonqListView::property( "modified" ) failed: property invalid or does
not exist