IPCOP Password Recovery

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Aug 6 23:51:02 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 23:05 -0700, Wagner, Steven G wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience recovering IPCOP passwords? I'd like not to
> have to reinstall it since I'm running the server headless and sans cd-rom.
> I did back-up settings to a floppy, so it won't be that bad if I have to
> resort reinstall.
----
on grub boot

- edit the boot line (by pressing the letter 'e' when it shows before it
starts booting.

- choose the line with the word 'kernel' in it (normally the second
line) and again press the letter 'e' to edit

- add to the end of the line... 'linux 1' or 'linux single' and press
enter

- press the letter 'b' to boot

(if all this is wrong and it uses lilo and not grub to boot...the above
options only need be typed and press enter prior to booting when the
lilo selection appears).

you will then be booted into single user mode...

'passwd root' allows you to change root's password

'setup' allows you to change passwords for ipcop, IIRC there were two
additional roles - an admin and something else.

Craig