SuSE 9.0 Personal internet connection problem

Dale McGarry dmcgarry at cox.net
Sat Aug 6 18:31:45 MST 2005

Sorry about the HTML format.

Here is what I see when I ran ifconfig:

Link encap: Local Loopback
Inet addr: 127.0.00.1 Mask: 255.0.0.0
Inet6addr: ::1/128 Scope: Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436  Metric:1
Collisions:0 txqueue:0
RX bytes:2608 (2.5 Kb)    TX bytes:2608 (205Kb)

However, when I ran cat/etc/resolv.conf this what was displayed:
bash: cat/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory

No router, cable goes into external modem (Scientific Atlanta DPC 2100) and
runs to PC and, yes I have to power down the modem when I want to switch
computers.

Thanks,

Dale McGarry