SuSE 9.0 Personal internet connection problem

Dale McGarry dmcgarry at cox.net
Sat Aug 6 13:42:31 MST 2005

Hello all,

I installed SuSE 9.0 Personal on a spare PC and everything worked fine. I
was able to connect to the internet using Konqueror and attempted to do an
online update using YaST. While this was going on I had a power interruption
(I accidentally turned the power off) and now I can not connect to the
internet.

I reinstalled the operating system and my nic card is recognized ( D-Link
DFE-530TX+), but still no connection. When I try to connect to CNN, I get "
an error occurred while loading , http://www.cnn <http://www.cnn/>  unknown
host www.cnn <http://www.cnn/> . I have Cox Cable as my provider and I am
able to access the internet when I connect to my XP computer, so no problem
there. I am very new to Linux and do not have any idea where to begin to
troubleshoot this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dale McGarry