Suse or Mandrake

Eric Katherman vaiod at berloy.com
Fri Aug 5 11:51:37 MST 2005

Well I don't have any recent experience with Acer laptops but I do have
experience with SuSE on my Thinkpad.  I would highly recommend it and
now that you can download the iso's, what do you have to loose.  I
haven't had a single problem with my setup.  Everything was detected
after install, wireless, display, network, sound, touchpad.  The only
thing I had to do was install the ATI drivers if I wanted OpenGL.  I
also had 9.1 on the same Thinkpad without any problems.

I tried Mandrake a few times in the past and just didn't get the same
feel I get when I am using SuSE, just my oppinion.  As you said, there
is no point in starting a war, we all love the ditros we use for
different reasons.  The choice is what makes Linux so great.

-Eric