script to break up mp3s

Joseph Sinclair plug-discuss at stcaz.net
Wed Aug 3 20:54:11 MST 2005

The User Agent isn't the only actor here.  The intervening mail servers are permitted to interpret the headers of the message as provided under section 4.2 of RFC 2822, and they're permitted to modify those headers to add trace information, reorder fields,, etc...  This is what's happening for me, and probably for some other people as well.
One of more servers between you and me (at least 7 for the message below) is removing the blank line before your "fake" headers, and Thunderbird sees it, properly, as part of the header block.  According to the RFC 2822 spec, all conforming UA's SHOULD accept messages with blank lines between headers to accommodate sending UA's that are designed to the RFC 822 spec (which allowed this behavior).

Note, the replied messages below are NOT modified in any way, and your "fake" headers are not shown.  I don't just make this stuff up, and I rather resent your implication that I did.