script to break up mp3s

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Aug 3 17:58:33 MST 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Joseph Sinclair wrote:

> People, PLEASE don't make anything with a ":" in it the first line of a
> message!  SMTP interprets that as a custom header field and many programs
> strip it out or hide it.  Just include a non-empty line of text before any
> links or such (a simple salutation works) and the results will be much
> improved.

What mailer has that problem?

I see you use Mozilla Thunderbird and I can't imagine that it has that
problem.

What mailer earlier in this thread had the problem?

At the top of this email -- on the very first lines of the message as
entered in pine -- I add two lines that appear to be headers. When this
mail is received they should just be seen in the message itself. And not
in the headers. That is because pine, mail(1), and other mail user agents
automatically add a blank line between the real headers and the message.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/