Motherboard problems

Cliff Rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 30 May 2003 09:47:34 -0700

I am not meaning to re-open this thread but I have to wonder just how many
companies get these "refurbished" motherboards without knowing or asking for
them and then sell them to consumers (like us) without us knowing. I would
bet it is more often than we would like to think and yet I don't think there
is a lot of failure traced back to this happening. I am not totally fond of
Fry's but so far I have had good luck with everything I have purchased
through them except 1 motherboard that failed within hours of installing it.
Now, mind you, I am not a high volume purchaser but I like the odds, so far.
Anyway, I won't pursue this thread anymore than this so that we can get back
to more important things like Linux firewalls, etc :) Cliff