Video Driver for nVidia GeForce 440 in Laptop.

David Huerta plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 May 2003 18:04:45 -0700

If you have an Intel chipset, I believe this is the appropriate driver
for it: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_ia32_1.0-4363

The fact that Tux Racer even works is a good sign, however.  If that
driver doesn't work, I would search Google.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of
jljames44@runbox.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:00 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Video Driver for nVidia GeForce 440 in Laptop.

Help !!!    I'm having a difficult time trying to find a video driver
for my nVidia GeForce 440 in my Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop running RH 9.
I've been to the nVidia site, RedHat, and Dell...........none of which
seemed to be of any help.  I can only achieve a resolution of 800 X 600
w/16M colors.  Works okay, but poor Tux can't seem to get moving down
the hill very well in Tux Racer............

Thanks,

Jeff

"The good Lord gave us the atom.......now it's up to US to make it
dance...."

-- Homer Simpson