Data Modeling tools

Liberty Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 May 2003 16:00:45 -0700

I'm looking for a quick and off-shelf data modeling tool, especially for
ERDs...the default ERD figures that come with xfig are few and outdated.
Plus, i don't like the user interface of xfig, especially when compared
to an excellent product like Visio. I haven't looked into kivio, but i
don't want to install KDE and kde office for just one program. Dia is
okay, but again, it feels klunky and i don't see any good ERD figures in
there.

Again, my only beef is the lack of ERD figures and the interfaces are
klunky.

I'm sad to say it, but right now, Visio is still the best tool I've seen
(at least, for smaller projects, i have yet the pleasure of working on
super huge systems yet :)