a cool Opera feature that Mozilla doesn't have

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 28 May 2003 07:08:09 -0700

  >> The program starts briefly and crashes immediately.

  Derek> No offense, but its not Galeon's problem if
  Derek> you compiled it incorrectly or use a
  Derek> distribution unable to cope with handling
  Derek> dependencies properly. ;)

I'm sure Galeon is lovely.

I didn't compile it at all. What I'm using is generic
Red Hat 8.0. Galeon and all parts of GNOME are exactly
as delivered with the system.

I've never been so disappointed in an "upgrade" as I
was with RH 8.0. It really screwed me up, and I never
did recover from it, having lost features I had in
7.whatever that I depended on and were not replaced. I
use my Linux system all day every day for work, and
don't have time to go through another cycle, nor to
rebuild my system from scratch from some other distro.
So that's how I've left it. Maybe someday I'll go to
another version.

The warning messages are apparently telling me that
Galeon somehow depends on Mozilla 1.0.1, whereas I have
upgraded my Mozilla progressively (currently on 1.2.1).

Why Galeon depends on an older version of Mozilla (or
on any version of Mozilla at all rather than running
independently) and can't run on its own I have no idea.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ