(Fwd) [IP] MS Windows Crash Traps Thai Politician in Car

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 28 May 2003 07:10:22 -0400

Sorry, I should have used a smiley on that one.  :-)  I have nothing against
mentoring, and mentoring is indeed an important skill, and I have benefitted
greatly from it.  I've also tried to be a mentor at times, which is not to
say I'm particularly good at it!  :-)  To clarify, my beef with Extreme
Programming (XP) is that they preach that we should ONLY program in pairs.
That would get old quick.  But, yes, mentoring would be a good way to take
care of morons by converting them into good programmers.

By the way, here's that like about the killer software.  It was embedded in
the Therac-25 radiation machine, which was manufactured by a Canadian
company, and was responsible for several deaths in both the U.S. and Canada
in the 1980's:  http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~muffy/papers/HIS1.ps.

Vaughn