SCO Question

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
27 May 2003 07:25:04 -0700

http://www.linuxworld.com/go.cgi?id=742433

The Cendant Hotels division of Parsippany, N.J.-based Cendant Corp. runs
about 3,700 servers based on SCO's OpenLinux operating system. David
Chugg, senior director of hotel solutions at the unit, said he initially
was worried about what SCO's legal campaign would mean for Cendant
Hotels. But he added that he was reassured when SCO said it wouldn't
target any of its own Linux customers.

I got this quote from the link above. Here is my question. How can SCO
take this position? Are they claiming that their version of OpenLinux
doesn't have the IBM tainted version of Linux? Otherwise I don't see how
this could possibly be legal.

--
Carl Parrish (cparrish@carlparrish.com)
http://www.carlparrish.com