Filesystem fun

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:22:58 -0700

Read up on the GNU tool "parted."  It can resize partitions.  However, GO
SLOWLY and make sure you understand what you are doing.  It will let you
destroy stuff.

I used it to expand my ext3 and vfat filesystem when I migrated my dual boot
PC from 12 to 20 gigs.  No reformatting or changes except moving and resizing
via parted.

Most distros have it.  Boot from your boot floppy or a bootable CD so the
partitions are not mounted while you mess with them.  And HAVE A BACKUP of
anything you don't want to loose, just in case.

Alan