Samba and Roaming Profiles (Win2k)

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 24 May 2003 18:10:18 -0700

Desktop OS is Win2k.  I think the problem is that my logon.bat is not
getting run.  Which results in the times on some of the machines being
out of sync from the PDC.  Profiles are checked for timestamps and if
the timestamp on the profile on the server is newer then the profile
isn't pushed to the server.  I will verify this when I get back to work
... maybe tomorrow.

I didn't say much in my initial post, but the scenario was, I had just
set up a new Samba 2.2 PDC.  Profiles were working intermitently, I was
trying to track down the exact cause, then I decided that it could wait
'til later.  The problem seemed to be with just a few machines.  In
fact, thinking about it further ... I bet it was time.

Austin