e-mail config question

Jeremy C. Reed plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 24 May 2003 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 May 2003, Bart Garst wrote:

> I want to use mailx (in a script) to send weekly logs to my cox mail
> account. What packages do I need to accomplish this?

> Do I need a MTA?

You do not need a mail client (like mailx) to send the logs. You can just
use a standalone sendmail (anf flavour).

I wrote and have been using a sendmail replacement called mailout for a
couple years. It has a simple sendmail interface for sending out email.
(But it can't be used to listen to port 25 or relay for other hosts.) I
need to tar up the newest version and announce. Anyone interested in
looking at it? The old webpage is at
http://www.reedmedia.net/software/mailout/

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/