Professional licensing

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 24 May 2003 08:27:04 -0700

On Saturday 24 May 2003 07:22, William Lindley wrote:
> Arizona Revised Statues
> 32-123. Application for registration and certification
>
> (L00, ch 86, sec. 7)
>
> A. A person desiring to practice architecture, assaying, engineering,
> geology, home inspection, landscape architecture or land surveying shall
> make application for registration or certification on a form prescribed by
> the board, subscribed under oath and accompanied by the application fee.
--[clip]--

All of the above mentioned areas of competency can easily be tied to
construction and safety of the constructed product.  To me that indicates
that the meaning of "engineering" as used above is structural engineering.
It seems to me to be a reach to say software and even electrical (digital)
engineering is covered by this article.  If that were so, it could read "If
you build or inspect buildings, highways, bridges, railroads, gardens or
video games, you must be certified."  Software just doen't seem to fit in
that group.

Any lawyers want to venture a non-binding clarification?

Alan