Ticket

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 18 May 2003 23:11:31 -0700

Indeed.  And, of course, whenever there is even a *remote* possibility that
something might be an urban legend, one should check out www.snopes.com,
the ultimate authority.  Lo and behold:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

And if that's not enough, doing a search for "ticket overpay refund record"
comes up with quite a few hits.  One good one has this to say:

"The Truth:  According to the National Motorist's Association,
(www.motorists.org) this is a hoax.  NMA Spokesperson Eric Skrum tells
TruthOrFiction.com, "We have had our members, activists, and lawyers look
into this.  None have been able to find a place where this will work."
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/tickets.htm