Disk scan utility?

DARREN BROWN plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 15 May 2003 18:36:21 +0000

When I run e3fsck -cf /dev/hda3, I get a message stating; WARNINGS!!!
Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause SERVERE filesystem damage.
Found out that the -cf does a badblock test for you.  Cool....

Has anyone ran this type of command line, got the message, and went forward
w/ the process it runs?  What happened if you did?

Regards,
Darren