Sendmail-Qmail question

D Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:53:57 -0700

Andrew,

We own a hosting company and recently switched to qmail from postfix for
its better virtualization and better web based management tools.
Checkout qmail toaster rpms at http://qmailtoaster.clikka.com/. Qmail
has a strange source only license but the self building srpms make it
easy to install. QMail is extremely good, it performs very well, it has
a good attention to security and so on. We limit our attachments to 10mb
and have had no problems in that regard.

Sendmail is awful from a performance, configuration, security
standpoint. It has a terrible record on all counts, I find it very hard
to justify its use to day in the face of postfix and qmail.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.