KVM Switch boxes (semi-off-topic)

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:10:07 -0700

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 4:43 PM, R Melder at SPiN Internet Media wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with digital KVM
> (Keyboard/Video/Mouse)? I'm looking for a four
> port that will sync well between my windows and
> linux boxes. I'm wondering if there are any to
> stay away from? Any recommendations?

I use 4-port Belkin OmniView KVM switches at home and work, and I do not
like them, Sam I Am.  When switching from Windows to Linux, the mouse gets
"jumpy."  You can fix this by either unplugging-replugging the mouse or
hitting Ctl-Alt-F1 and then Ctl-Alt-F7, but it's very annoying to have to do
this every time you switch to a Linux machine.  One of my colleagues
recently got a Linksys 4-port KVM switch, and it works much better.

~Jeff