Sendmail-Qmail question

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:35:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Bruner, Andrew wrote:

> I'd like to get some comments from the list regarding Sendmail & Qmail. My
> question(s) are: Does anyone know if Sendmail or Qmail can handle large file
> attatchments and 12,000 users? Also is there a configuration that will
> enable  us to maintain Public Folders and use a client like MS Outlook?
> I'd like to suggest an Open Source solution to our Microsoft only mail
> server admins if there is one.

I cant comment on qmail, but here's mine on sendmail.

* Large files.  No problem.  You can configure size limits in the .cf
file, though.

* 12,000 users...not a problem provided the hardware is decent (no mention
of current hardware used, so I cant say if it will work)

* outlook use.  No problem at all.

* public folders: as in imap style?  Not a problem.

Let me know the hardware specs and I could give more info.

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader