KVM Switch boxes (semi-off-topic)

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 13 May 2003 22:58:39 -0700

I've heard of and seen issues with IOGear USB KVMs and Keyboards and mice.
Specifically if you just have a keyboard with special keys or a mouse with more
than 2 (or maybe 3) buttons, the extra features stop working through the KVM.
This is because the IOGear KVMs just send a generic keyboard and mouse ID rather
than the one for that keyboard and mouse to the computers connected on the far side.