KVM Switch boxes (semi-off-topic)

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 13 May 2003 18:16:40 -0400

I have an old four-port LinkSys that works pretty well.  I also have a
relatively expensive four-port Belkin Omniview that tends to "lose" the mouse
- but this is a PS/2-based product, and I'm using USB-to-PS2 converters on my
two notebooks, so maybe I should expect trouble.   One of the biggest issues
is the cost cables - if the KVM in question can use standard VGA extension
cables instead of specialized switchbox cables, that's a plus.

Vaughn