OT: Petition to remove dead trees from forests

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 13 May 2003 06:39:10 -0700

All,

I know this is extremely off topic, but as the government doesn't want to d=
o=20
anything because of the tree huggers, we are in serious risk of losing=20
everything. My wife and I moved back down to the valley simply to get out o=
f=20
the death trap that has become our national forests.
This only takes a moment to sign, and may actually help. Unless you want to=
=20
see all the forests in Arizona burn to nothing, please sign this.

Again, I apologize for this being off topic, but it's an important message,=
=20
and you're a large group of people who could also forward this on.

Thank you,

nathan

=2D -----------------------------------------------

************
 http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=3D5546
************

Body of Petition:

We, the undersigned registered voters and residents of the United States of
America, do hereby request that President George W. Bush draft and sign an
emergency order to facilitate the immediate removal of all dead and burnt
trees from public lands.

Throughout the western states wildfires have devistated thousands of acres.
Due to court injunctions by various environmental groups many salvage
efforts have came to a halt. While we wait for judicial rulings, the
economic value of our forests are vanishing at an alarming rate. The drought
continues, bringing future record breaking wildfires, such as the
Rodeo/Chediski Wildfire in Arizona. Additionally, the infestation of the
bark beetle is escalating throughout our forests. During this time of
econmic concerns these vital resources are rotting. It is our sincere hope
that through immediate action we might start both restoration and preventive
work in our national forests.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Please sign the petition and pass it on to as many folks as possible!

Thanks!

************
 http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/petition.cgi?id=3D5546
************

PetitionPetition.com Emergency Order For Forest Restoration.url

=2D --=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id: linuxjunkie@jabber.earth.li

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
=2D --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to:
uce@ftc.gov