Linux laptop configuration

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 12 May 2003 16:38:37 -0700

I don't know if this is the problem, but my old redhat system use to do
this because it was trying to start sendmail, but I had not configured
it (nor did I want it installed, but it appeared as a "standard
option"). After I disabled and removed sendmail, the long delay went
away. You may want to check all the programs that are starting to make
sure all of them are needed and configured.

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.
480 945-0798 office
480 945-9197 fax
mark@phillipsmarketing.biz

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of David
Huerta
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 3:55 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Linux laptop configuration

"Last issue- the system hangs for awhile on boot. I think it is waiting
for an internet or LAN connection through the built-in NIC. I may want
to share an internet connection by installing a second NIC in my desktop

and enabling internet sharing. I would like the laptop to not take
forever to boot, but would like to set it up so I can jack into my
desktop and browse the internet, etc. How can I set this up so that the
laptop does not look for an internet or LAN connection on start-up, but
does look for a connection when I want it to?"

Lee Einer

This was something that's been "fixed" in Mandrake 9.1, which doesn't
hang on attempting to configure eth0 (network connection).