linux compatable Flsh reader

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 9 May 2003 21:39:10 -0500

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 06:25:43PM -0700, Ted Gould wrote:
/_On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 15:31, page wrote:
/_
/_1) Look for the cheapest one, the more expensive the more they're trying
/_to differentiate their product with some special feature that requires
/_something different.
/_
/_2) If it include a driver disk, you don't want it.  All the other OSes
/_also support the USB mass storage profile, so they don't need drivers.
/_
/_Personally, I bought the CompUSA generic compact flash reader.  It works
/_great.
/_
/_		--Ted

I would have to second that as well. 8-10 bucks and that was a done
deal. It's actually quite nice to take the pictures off the flash
and dump them up on my web site for family:
"scp /mnt/flash/convoluted_directory/*jpg me@remotesite.com:www/pics/"

-mike