Linux-to-Windoze USB networking?

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 9 May 2003 11:36:56 -0400

Hello everyone:

A friend of mine has two notebooks, one Linux and one XP.  He'd like to
transfer files between them in a convenient fashion.  They both have ethernet
interfaces, but the Windoze machine is already set up in DHCP for his
internet connection.  It would be possible to change this to a static IP
every time he connected the two together, but that sounds like a pain.  I
thought that maybe the USB ports would offer a more convenient solution.
I've already found some detailed Linux-to-Linux instructions at
www.handhelds.org, but I was wondering if anyone had seen any "howto"
documents or products that address this problem.

Thanks,
Vaughn